crash when loading.

Ask your questions and give us your feedback!

Moderators: Developers, Lead Developer, Founders

peter

crash when loading.

Post by peter » 29 Apr 2019, 23:38

Hi, i have all the required DLC content, made a new profile with only tregion (each required part) as active mod and in the mod folder.
But when i continue to load the game after controls profile, it crashes.

snellejasper

Re: crash when loading.

Post by snellejasper » 30 Apr 2019, 00:31

Did you select the correct module when making a new profile? You have to select dutchmap2, instead of europe.

If you did that already, then could you post your game log?
Developer of Alphen aan den Rijn and surroundings

peter

Post by peter » 30 Apr 2019, 23:37

Hallo Jasper, ik voel me een beetje ezel nu. :oops:

Sorry daarvoor, heb al bijna 5 jaar niets meer gedaan en was dit even vergeten.
De map is echt supergoed maar er zijn een paar puntjes die ik tegen gekomen ben en zal vermelden in een nieuw draadje wanneer ik wat meer gereden heb op de map.
Het gaat dan vooral om verkeer dat in de weg gaat staan, verder was het helemaal super.

Dank voor je reactie en tip.

Hello Jasper, I feel a bit of a donkey now. : oops:

Sorry about that, haven't done anything for almost 5 years and had forgotten this.
The map is really super good but there are a few points that I have come across and will mention in a new thread when I have driven a bit more on the map.
It is mainly about traffic that gets in the way, otherwise it was completely super.

Thank you for your response and tip.

Please use English on the main forums!

Regards,

Sven

peter

Post by peter » 03 May 2019, 17:01

Hi Sven, i'll write english as requested.

There were a few areas where i spotted holes and i've visited those areas within the editor and made screenshots so it is easy to find.
The garage should be moved a little to close the gap between the prefab and the road, the nodes on the bezier patch must be moved a little to cose the gap between the road and the side (pic 2).
I had already done this before taking those screenshots but you will find those holes when you visit these areas.
The area in the first picture is where i'm running into a problem with traffic, they stop and do not move and thus block the road for the player.
As i wrote in my previous reply, this is absolutely stunning work, beautifully done and although my system is AMD-6300 with a GTX-960 it is playable on ultra in HD 1920x1080.
I do have parts where the fps is below 30 but with all the objects and high poly roads i consider that to be very good.
One question i have though is if all roads need to be high poly, of course for smooth bends it is required but every poly must be rendered and thus affects performance.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rGGmSF8

snellejasper

Post by snellejasper » 04 May 2019, 09:39

Thank you for your reports, we'll look into them.

High poly roads are not required for distance objects, although some of them still are high poly because they are planned for the future, and we simply didn't change that for this release. I'd say that it's nice to have roads high poly as much as possible, but ofcourse, optimization is just as important. It might not be necessary for some straight parts. But I'm not so much into that yet.

bertleusink

Post by bertleusink » 28 May 2019, 16:31

Exact the same problem here !!! :x

snellejasper

Post by snellejasper » 01 Jun 2019, 19:08

Which problem do you mean? If it's relates the original post, then check my response. It might help