[Guide] Trouble Shooting/ Bug Reporting

Report your trouble here. We will try to create a solution together.

Moderators: Developers, Lead Developer, Founders

Plum2018

[Guide] Trouble Shooting/ Bug Reporting

Post by Plum2018 » 17 Mar 2019, 15:33

Troubleshooting
Common problems
Problem: I have all of the packages enabled in the mod manager enabled but it still loads into the base game map
Solve: Create a new profile enabling all of the packages but at the bottom dropdown which should say europe.mbd change it to dutchmap2.mbd and voila it should now work :D

Problem: Game Crash
There are several ways this COULD be solved, here is the order you should probably try solving it:
  • Supported version Tregion (e.g. Tregion 0.1 only works on 1.33, follow this guide on how to downgrade: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=315 )
  • Disable any other mods
  • Make sure you have all of the 5 packages enabled
  • Make sure they are in the correct loading order, alphabetical
  • Redownload the torrent file (or the long download) sometimes this may be corrupt

Problem: A lot of the textures are black!
If you are using Mac, sorry there is nothing you can do it is a OpenGL problem I would recommend getting boot camp or a virtual machine, myself being a Mac user use boot camp and it works fine! If you’re on Windows make sure to launch in DirectX when the game launches and the issue should be fixed ;)

None of these solved my issue
First search the troubleshooting section for a similar problem and maybe this will help, if there is nothing then create a new topic and the team will try to help you ;)

Bug Reporting

1. Check if the bug has already been reported by searching the forum.
2. Make sure your title in includes the version and a good title something like Bug in Utrecht is NOT suitable a title should look something like this: [0.1] Gap in Terrain by Utrecht Roundabout
What to include
In the bug report always include coordinates,to do this:
[1] Find config.cfg in the Euro Truck Simulator 2 root folder in My Documents (Windows), or /home/[username]/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2 (Linux)
Edit the lines
g_developer "0"
g_console "0"

to read:

g_developer "1"
g_console "1"

Save the config.cfg file.

[2] in game, press F11 (SHIFT+F11 takes a screenshot) close to the position of the bug.
[3] write your bug text, then click on REPORT SCR or hit ENTER
[4] open bugs.txt in the ETS2 folder, there you will find your text with coordinates.

3. And include a screenshot if it is a map error using image hosting service like: https://imgbb.com/ or imigur.
4. ALWAYS include your game log by using

Code: Select all

My game.log.txt
tags and if it is too big use services like: http://pastebin.com/
Please stick to 1 topic per bug report unless it is in a similar area which makes it easier to track bugs.

Many thanks for reading this! And reporting a bug using this guide! It makes Tregion a lot better and easier for developers to fix the bug
Currently working somewhere in Germany... ;)
Youtube channel for latest development updates :D : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTeTGc ... 6CMXLL_c_w