[BE] Development on v1.xx Province Liège

Moderators: Developers, Lead Developer, Founders

sven_engelen
Site Admin

[BE] Development on v1.xx Province Liège

Post by sven_engelen » 03 Jan 2019, 02:20

Hi community.

I did some work around Liège but left it on hold for a while...

But today Plum2018 has started on connecting the A2/E25 to Liège. When there is more work done, we are glad to show you the work!
Tregion Admin;)
Currently working on Utrecht and bugfixing ofcourse :P

Plum2018

Re: [BE] Development on v1.xx Province Liège

Post by Plum2018 » 05 Jan 2019, 00:12

Hey guys, I am Plum2018 a developer and am currently developing the E25. Keep an eye on this topic for updates. But first I have some teasers:
Short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Ce9pZo8Wo
Image Image Image Image
Currently working somewhere in Germany... ;)
Youtube channel for latest development updates :D : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTeTGc ... 6CMXLL_c_w

kw1nt3n

Post by kw1nt3n » 07 Jan 2019, 23:40

So this are my first ideas but I will keep it in mind for the next time:
I have been to Liège once but its already a long time ago and I used the train to go to Liège so i cant really help you with that specific road to Liège but i can give you some general things about the roads in Belgium

-belgian roads have somethimes potholes in it.
-sometimes there is like 1 lane in bad condition and then it gets remaked in another material than the other 2 lanes. So you get 1 lane in for example asphalt and another in Some kind of concrete.
-when you go from a lane made out of asphalt (wich is pretty silent to drive on) to a lane of concrete (wich is pretty loud to drive on) its like a big sound change. Most of the times the change is very abrupt because they just replace a little part of the road where its in bad condition so you get like little parts of road in another material. (I dont know if its even possible to make like sound changes in ets2 xD but those road texture changes are possible to make i think).
-there is also the typical Belgium style of road signs and like the lines on the roads look a bit different than for example France. (But i think you know those signs. -if not, feel free to message me and i'll send you some pictures-)
-and then last but not least on nearly every road in Belgium there are lampposts.

So i hope you can use some of this advice and if you want some extra info just message me. :D

sven_engelen
Site Admin

Post by sven_engelen » 08 Jan 2019, 10:57

Thanks for the feedback. We will process it in our development! :D
Tregion Admin;)
Currently working on Utrecht and bugfixing ofcourse :P

niekster

Post by niekster » 09 Jan 2019, 19:24

kw1nt3n wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 23:40
So this are my first ideas but I will keep it in mind for the next time:
I have been to Liège once but its already a long time ago and I used the train to go to Liège so i cant really help you with that specific road to Liège but i can give you some general things about the roads in Belgium

-belgian roads have somethimes potholes in it.
-sometimes there is like 1 lane in bad condition and then it gets remaked in another material than the other 2 lanes. So you get 1 lane in for example asphalt and another in Some kind of concrete.
-when you go from a lane made out of asphalt (wich is pretty silent to drive on) to a lane of concrete (wich is pretty loud to drive on) its like a big sound change. Most of the times the change is very abrupt because they just replace a little part of the road where its in bad condition so you get like little parts of road in another material. (I dont know if its even possible to make like sound changes in ets2 xD but those road texture changes are possible to make i think).
-there is also the typical Belgium style of road signs and like the lines on the roads look a bit different than for example France. (But i think you know those signs. -if not, feel free to message me and i'll send you some pictures-)
-and then last but not least on nearly every road in Belgium there are lampposts.

So i hope you can use some of this advice and if you want some extra info just message me. :D
There are hell of a lot of lamppost on the main roads and highways... just saying :D

Plum2018

Post by Plum2018 » 09 Jan 2019, 22:42

Thanks a lot guys, keep all the suggestions coming! I will add lamposts alot hopefully this weekend there will be some new sceeenshots so keep your eyes out! Remeber if you have ANY ideas please reply :D. Sadly it is not possible not make huge bumps but any other suggestions are welcome! ;)
Here is a short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Ce9pZo8Wo
Currently working somewhere in Germany... ;)
Youtube channel for latest development updates :D : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTeTGc ... 6CMXLL_c_w

ELgamer

Post by ELgamer » 29 Jul 2019, 15:53

Since Plum is not longer part of the team progress in this areas has come to a stop, we will let you know when this changes.
Currently working on version 0.2!